1/12/2015

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation

Recently I was watching Tati's review on the new l'oreal infallible line that consists of foundation, pressed powder, lip gloss/stain, and make-up setting spray. She raved about the foundation being one of her new favorites so I knew I had to try it, especially since I am currently running out of my cover girl 3 in 1 outlast stay foundation.

This foundation promises a lasting, air-light, oil-free, demi-matte finish that never looks flat or dull. Lets take a look to see if it holds up to its promise.

Online it says that the foundation comes in 12 colors but in the store I went to it only had 8 shades. This foundation is a bit more pricey then regular drugstore foundations, I got mine for about $13 at my local CVS. It comes in a squeeze tube that is semi-seethrough that carries 1.0 fl oz. The semi-seethrough tube is somewhat helpful when coming to selecting a color... the see-through part has somewhat of a frost finish to it so its hard to see the true color of the product. As you'll see later the colors don't vary much.

Now, onto how it wears. It claims to be a demi-matte finish which I agree with. Next it says that it wears up to 24 hours, now this is what I disagree with. When I first tried this foundation I applied it around 12pm by 9pm it was beginning to look really patchy on my face and could tell it was fading. Next it says that the foundation is a medium coverage, I also disagree with this. I believe it is more of a light-medium coverage... if you apply it twice it becomes more of a medium coverage. Finally it states that it is air-light, I agree with this. When wearing the foundation it felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup, but that was with the first application and when it looked patchy.

 (swatch L to R: 107 Fresh Beige, 108 Caramel Beige)

As you can tell from the swatches above the colors don't look much different. One seems to be more yellow based whereas the other one of more warm based. Also from the swatch you can tell that the foundation dries incredibly fast... almost too fast. I would suggest applying this in small sections around your face. The directions say the best way to apply this is in a "rolling motion"... whatever that means. When I first applied it I used a sigma F82 round kabuki brush, which is when it looked patchy on the skin. The next day I applied it using a damp beauty blender which seemed to apply more evenly but still wasn't enough coverage for me. I could also tell that it was clinging to patches of dry skin so I wouldn't really suggest this for people with really dry skin. 

Overall this foundation isn't for me. I keep seeing people really enjoying this foundation but I wasn't much of a fan. Maybe this could be my summer foundation when I don't really wear makeup but for now... I'm going to return it. I have a bit of redness to my skin and it didn't seem to cover it well enough more me. Maybe I really just didn't apply enough but it seemed to be my normal amount. I definitely think if you are someone who doesn't really need foundation, doesn't mind a light coverage and doesn't have uber dry skin I could see you really enjoying it. I don't believe this is a great winter foundation.

Have you tried this foundation? Do you agree or disagree? Have you found a better way to apply this? Let me know in the comments!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.