12/15/2013

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

my birthday was on the 9th and for my birthday my parents got me the smashbox full exposure palette, i have been lusting over it for about a month. from looking at different reviews and swatches this palette has been a love hate relationship for most people. for me i love it. its actually quite different than my others.

this palette contains 7 shimmer and 7 matte shades, and when i say shimmer... i mean packed with shimmer/glitter. the palette also includes a dual ended brush and a sample of the full exposure mascara. this palette is a great neutral palette with equal warm and cool shades. for me i wish that not all the shimmer shades were packed with glitter, the only one thats not is the fourth color in (S4) which is more of a satin finish. I wish the palette had a combination of satin and shimmer finish, none the less this palette will be great with creating "going out" looks with the fine glitter packed into the shimmer shadows. speaking of all the glitter in the shimmer shadows they do tend to have a small bit of fallout, but what else do you expect with a heavily packed glitter shadow. but none the less the palette has great color pay off for both shimmer and matte colors that last me throughout the day! the matte shadows have a velvety fell to them, not so buttery as the lorac pro palette, so there is less fall out for the smashbox matte colors. i read some reviews where people thought that the shimmer colors were gritty, i didn't think so. yes, when you rub the product through your fingers over and over again it feels slightly gritty, but when applying them to the eye i had no problem.

the smashbox full exposure mascara come with a huge wand. for me this mascara wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. it was a nice add to the palette but i don't think i would purchase it after this palette. the mascara separated my lashes and gave them some length and a tad bit of volume but I feel like there are better mascaras out there, but lets be real... i didn't want the palette for the mascara.

overall i really enjoy this palette! the packaging its a little bulky they probably could have made it skinnier but nothing thats going to weigh you bag down! for me i think this palette is a bit overlooked, i haven't heard much hype about it but hopefully more people will start falling in love with it!

have any more questions? feel free to ask!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.