6/22/2012

I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand....

It has finally been nice at the beach right in time for me to have my days off! I spent all day thursday on the beach just laying out and tanning! I'm trying to get bronzed because my uncle is getting married on saturday so I want to actually look like I live at the beach. Since I have a ton of family coming into town I was able to take off work on friday so I had thursday, friday and saturday off! Its nice to be able to sleep in and go to the beach without worrying about going to work. The past couple of days the weather has changed dramatically! it went from being in the low 70s to being in the high 90s! We would bitch one day about how cold it was and how over cast it is, now we bitch about how to it is! where is our happy medium?! I haven't gone in the water at all yet this summer until yesterday because it was so hot I felt like I was sizzling. When I go to the beach I don't bring much just a towel, my sunglasses, iphone, a magazine, and sunscreen. I recently got the most adorable beach blanket from the surf shop in town, our friends own it so I always get a discount so it was like fate when I saw it! 
Its a stripped billabong blanket thats huge! I hate only bringing a towel to the beach because after I get out of the water my towel will be wet but then I have to put it in the sand to lay on it. Now I have this blanket I lay on when I want to lay out, best purchase ever!  I totally forgot to bring water to the beach so I was almost dying because I started to feel dehydrated. My sister and I road our beach cruisers to a little deli buy the beach and bought lunch and huge water bottles!
This was the biggest water bottle that was there and I went through 2 of them within 4 hours! I was literally dying of thirst! The cold water felt so great but since my sister and I didn't bring a cooler it eventually got warm and didn't taste that great. After a few more hours on the beach we decided to call it a day. I definitely got a tan, my face burnt a little bit but when does it not? I reapply sunscreen to my face every hour but my cheeks still burn... might as well give up! Looking at the weather report it doesn't look good, it looks like its going to start to rain in a couple of hours and a bit tomorrow, of course just as the weather was starting to get nice. 


4 comments

  1. What beach are you at?
    I know what you mean by getting wet then having sand everywhere. I live at the beach. You would think I would get over the sand, but no way. To solve the sand issue I bought a beach chair. Best investment I've ever made.

    http://jessieanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Ocean City during the summer! And a nice beach chair is definitely a great investment!

      Delete
  2. Your trip to the beach sounds lovely! It's freezing in Sydney at the moment, I can't for Summer to come back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hot as hell here. Seriously. I prefer 75° degree weather. Perfect for me. Lol I love your title for this post. You know I've never had smart water. I wanna try it. I wish there was a beach near me.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.