8/11/2012

DIY: Chevron Wall Art



i have been crafting quite often for my apartment recently. i sit on pinterest just searching for the next piece of artwork i can make for my apartment! its becoming unhealthy how much i want to craft. I saw this chevron wall art on pinterest and i thought i had to do it! its super cute and super easy! i think it would look so cute if there were a ton of different colors in it also! i only chose to do 3 different colors because in my room in my apartment i only use turquoise and black and i added silver just for a little glitz effect! 
what you need: acrylic paint, painters tape, a paint brush (or multiple if you would like), and a canvas. 
1. take off your chevron lines. i used one inch painters tape and cut the tape 4 inches long. with my first 2 four inch pieces of tape i made a V shape. I then placed it on the canvas and repeat. 
2. i painted the turquoise and silver on the canvas. i let that sit for a day.
3. peel off the painters tape revealing the turquoise and silver chevron lines you made! make sure the paint is dry and then tape over the blue and silver chevron lines you painted the day before, pretty much just repeat step 1 and then paint the canvas your second color, in my case i used black. let the paint dry for one day.
4. peel off the tape and reveal your master piece! 



2 comments

  1. That looks amazing! You are sooo creative :)

    xoxo juicydaily.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! I'm thinking this would look great as nail art!
    xoxo

    http://makeroomforcupcake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.