9/06/2012

Maybelline "Olive Martini" Eyeshadow Quad Fall 2012 Collection

it would be an understatement to say that i have fallen in love with the new maybelline “scene on the runway” fall 2012 collection! i now own 2 out of 4 of the color tattoo’s, 2 out of 4 of the eyeshadow quads, and one of the lipsticks and have my eye on some/most of the nail polishes. my recent adventure was for this quad, the maybelline olive martini eyeshadow quad. 
i went to 2 CVS’s and a rite aid to try to find this eye shadow. finally a day after my first adventure i went back to my closest CVS and saw them assembling the display for the collection and knew if i went back today they would have everything, and i was right they did. so i picked up this eyeshadow to finally “complete” my full collection i wanted out of the collection. I was surprised they named this one olive martini because i see some green in it but i know the one called smokey cinnamon was more green or olive-y, if you will. 
this quad features a shimmery light nude, a frosty mint green, a frosty brown/green duo-chrome and a frosty red-brown. the shade that really drew me into this quad was the brown/green duo-chrome color. I read some blogs saying that this is a cheap dupe for MAC’s Club eyeshadow. I also was really attracted to the light mint green color, i could see myself possibly using this on the inner corner for a nice pop of color. 

over all the texture and pigmentation on these are great! they blend very easily and wear quite nicely. I picked up this quad at my local CVS for $9.79, quite pricy if you ask me… but i think the quad is worth it given its quality of the products. these are limited edition so if you are thinking about getting some i suggest you start your search sooner rather than later.

1 comment

  1. I love these quads! I'm getting this, that's it. I don't care if the colors might now fit my skin tone lol. The darker ones might be okay, I don't know about the light ones.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.