10/28/2012

October Birchbox - Transformation

i have had this post saved in my drafts for weeks now because i really just wont want to post this because i am so upset. first i heard this month as 2 different box’s you could choose from, one was a transformation box and the other was a teamed up box with goop. I obviously wanted the goop box so i waited and waited for my email asking me what box i wanted. i got no such email, so around the first week of october i emailed them and asked why i didnt get this email and that i would like the goop box. their response? i unsubscribed to their emails blah blah blah. yes i unsubscribed from the emails where they are trying to get me to shop in the store every single day and saying they had a new product in the store, those get annoying and flood my email every day. emails that have to do with the box should be separate and everyone should get those whether they have unsubscribed or not. needless to say i didnt get the goop box. i get my email that my box has shipped and there was no tracking number. finally get my box and the theme was transformation, the card says they ”picked samples that you can use to shake up your routine” i was unsure of how i felt about what was going to be there when i opened my box
in the box was:
  • Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel
  • theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer
  • Lucy B Cosmetics Roll On Perfume Oil Duo
  • Vitivia Vitamin capsules
  • LUNA Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
well i was right, not excited or happy about most of the products. the ouidad climate control heat & humidity gel, ok yeah i guess i can use it… in the summer seeing it fall/winter now there is no heat or humidity going on with my hair. I was exited to theBalm Mary-Lou Manzier. I have been using it since i got the box. its a highlighter that can be used as an eyeshadow as well. i don’t usually like to use high lighter because my face is oily so i don’t want to bring anymore shine to my face. but i like to use it as a highlight on my inner corner and my cupids bow. i used it on my sister for her homecoming make up and it looked really good on her skin type. oh look another perfume same, i’m so so so sick of these! i’m super picky with my perfumes and these do not smell good. and don’t let the name fool you, the samples are not roll on nor are they a spray. as for the vitivia vitamin capsules, i’m not going to take any vitamin or medicine capsules that aren’t prescribed by my doctor or if my doctor says i should take vitamins with more vitamin a or whatever. so i wont take these. finally as a lifestyle extra another luna bar these are whatever i eat them right when i open the box because i’m usually hungry haha. the box also comes with a card with how to you makeup and such.  overall not happy at all with this box. i seem to be getting worse and worse boxs as the months go on. i’m just waiting until i get a beauty blender ;) i was hoping this month would come with some cool beauty products you could use for halloween! maybe some colored eyeliner, eyelashes, fun colored lip products, texturing hair gel or something. this is not what i was expecting for the month of octorber. lets hope next month is better. how did you like your box? 

if you want to get a birchbox of your own click the link here. it will help you skip the waiting list!

2 comments

  1. The capsules look interesting!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the birchbox! Sounds perfect to me. Btw, im sending you an email. xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.