8/01/2013

Elie Saab Fall 2013: Couture Collection

while looking for formal dresses in my price range i somehow started looking at dresses not so much n my price range. elie saab is one of my favorite designers so of course i began to look at his fall collection of gowns. this seasons gowns were a bit more simpler than last seasons, well i say simple but i probably couldn't make anything like this. maybe a better word is the dresses look effortless. This season was inspired by jewels in a crown: ruby, emerald, and sapphire. when designing he is a big believer in monochromatic, red sequins on red fabric, blue gems on blue chiffon and so on, which is why his last dress was such a surprise to many when the model walked out in head to toe multicolored beads, needless to say she left an impact.

out of the collection these are my favorite dresses, yet all of them were stunning it was hard to choose. I think i enjoyed these the most because they were the most wearable ones I saw. once of my favorites was elie saabs bridal dress, which i didn't add to this group because you need to see it large in all its glory. she was truly stunning, there were layers upon layers of tule embroidered with quartz, crystals, and glitter with a veil to match. i'm not sure if this is my favorite collection of his but it was definitely beautiful. my dream is to wear a dress by him, maybe a wedding dress ;)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.