8/10/2015

Mood Board Monday | 01


One thing that I learned at school was that mood boards are important. It really helps with research and helps you draw inspiration and ideas from the images. Also when using a mood board for a project it really helps me stay on track, it assures that your final product will give the look and feel that you initially wanted to convey. At some points you may be in the middle of a project and the project is taking a different turn for the better, you may need another mood board. I believe you can never have to many mood boards!

I have decided to start a little series on the blog - Mood Board Monday. I'm going to be posting mood boards every monday on the blog (hopefully). These boards will most likely have no relations to any projects I am currently working on, I'm doing this just for fun. Maybe in the future I'll share some project mood boards but for now its just going be a fun thing for me to day and help me keep my tools fresh!

For all of you that don't know during the summer I live at my families beach house and its been pretty rainy so for this weeks mood board I was feeling really inspired by the original beverly hills martinique wallpaper. The palm print feels so tropical without all the traditional tropical colors. I went with a green, pink, and gold color scheme. For this mood board I wanted to use the graphic palm pattern and add the organic feel of nature.

image source: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.