6/24/2012

Trying Not to Outshine the Bride



yesterday was my uncles beach wedding and it was absolutely beautiful. if you saw my outfit post about the rehearsal dinner you would remember that i said i wish i wore this dress to the rehearsal dinner... well i lied. i was so happy i wore this dress because i forgot how much i loved it! i hadn't tried it on since i bought it which was a few months ago. seeing that i hadn't tried it on a drew months ago i totally forgot that it needed to be hemmed shorter! i'm pretty short so i like to get most dressed hemmed so they don't looks so long on me, especially this one it made me look like an "oompa loompa" as my sister told me. So about 15 minutes before i had to leave for the wedding i was pinning this dress up so i didn't look like an oompa loompa and it ended up looking great! The fact that it was a beach wedding i didn't wear those wedges on the beach... right before you walked onto the beach they had multiple baskets of flip flops you got to choose from. I didn't choose any because my mom made me a pair of sole-less sandals, which i find to be incredibly pointless but whatever i was on the beach and i didn't want to wear actual flip flops so these would do! 
they matched my dress perfectly so for the 15-30 minutes on the beach these things were cute. once we got off the beach it was time for the reception! it was absolutely beautiful, the venue looked over the water and we could watch the sun set. the night was filled with food, friends, and great family and i know everyone had a great time! i'm super happy i wore this dress because it was easy to move in and it had pockets! how great is that? i didn't straighten my bangs because they are getting so long that i need to get them cut so they are just in my way and since i knew we were going to be outside i didn't know how well it was going to hold up if it was windy or just the humidity was going to make them curly anyways, thank god they are at a point where they are long enough not to look super weird if i don't straighten them.
Target Xhiliration dress, Love Culture Wedges, Urban Outfitters Peace Sign Necklace, Target Chevron Rings

2 comments

  1. You hair's amazing! I also like your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great dress! love the color and print!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.