7/13/2012

July Birchbox - The Senses



this months birchbox theme is “the senses”. when i first heard that this was this months birchbox theme is was confused on what they were going to do products wise, then i heard they were teaming up the glamour magazine and got excited because i love glamour! i got my box this morning and opened it right away, i was immediately disappointed. i got box 4 and the shipping said the weight of box 4 was 0.4620. this is my third birchbox and i honestly don’t know how i feel about it yet. i just went through looking at all of this months boxes and really wish i got either box 2 or box 6! box 2 got a beauty blender that i have wanted for months now and box 6 had the most beautiful color club nail polish and the stila lip gloss i wanted! 
in this box was: 
  • boscia green tea blotting linens (seeing)
  •  eyeko skinny liquid liner in olive (seeing)
  • jouer luminizing moisture tint (touch)
  • oscar de la renta live in love perfume sample (smell)
  • larabar uber (taste)
  • birchbox exclusive earbuds (hearing)
the blotting linens isn’t to bad because i use oil blotting sheets now so its never bad to have more. i would have been really excited about the skinny liquid eyeliner if it wasn’t in olive and came in the blue color. the jouer luminizing moisture tint isn’t even the size of my pinky, i don’t even know if there is one use in that sample. the oscar de la renta perfume is alright, its a floral scent which i’m not very fond of but it doesn’t smell horrible. i just hate getting perfume samples because i never use them especially if they don’t have a pump on them. i can get a free perfume sample if i order something from sephora so i think those are really pointless in birchboxs! the lifestyle extra larabar is whatever i’ll eat it because its food. the ear buds are actually kinda cool i just wish i got the blue ones because blue is my favorite color but i will still use them!
overall i expected more in this box, other boxes actually didn’t seem that bad so it was probably just my box but oh well it was only $10. i’m going to stay with the subscription because i like these surprises each month. so far i haven’t really liked any of the collaboration boxes they have done. hopefully next months will be better. did you get a birchbox this month? did you like it? message me and let me know!
if you want to get a birchbox of your own click the link here. it will help you skip the waiting list!


2 comments

  1. I haven't received my July box yet, but I really loved their Teen Vogue collab which I missed since I signed up after. I personally don't like the perfume samples since I can go to nordstroms and get any scent I want for free. Oh well. Hopefully the boxes become better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i was signed up for their Teen Vogue box as well, i loved that box! I hope they do get better! let me know if you like your box! :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.