1/16/2013

January Birchbox - Best Year Ever

Feels like forever since i have done a birchbox box opening. I skipped the month of december because I have the boxes shipped to my apartment at school so I didn't get that box until the beginning of january, only a few weeks before I received this months! This month was a huge surprise for me, I didn't watch the video on youtube and i didn't log into birchbox online to see what my box was. So I went through this unboxing as I probably should with no spoilers. This months box weighed .4050 and contained 
  • embryolisse lait-creme concentre - 24 hour miracle creme
  • harvey prince skinny chic
  • lashem double trouble lash mascara (lies, all lies. it was an eyelash/eyebrow enhancing serum)
  • ojon rare blend oil total hair therapy
  • theblam cosmetics hot mama
this months box wasn't a total fail but it wasn't my favorite. instead of the tissue packet they did a cute double ended box thing (no idea how to explain it) that had 2 samples in it. the box also came with a folded up packet, if you will, that had 25 ways to make 2013 awesome. As a graphic designer it was really cute and i liked the design element of it. the embryolisse miracle creme seems like it can come in handy because my skin has been breaking out over the past week, not sure if its the weather or what. of course i got another perfume same, this one i didnt hate as much as the other i have received because it was more on the fruity smell rather than the floral smell. when i read on my card a lash mascara with fibers i got really excited because i have yet to try a fiber mascara, when i found out thats not what i got i was super bummed! i'm not sure if i will ever use the lash serum... it makes me nervous sticking stuff like that really close to my eyes. the ojon hair therapy i guess could be good with my ends because they are so dead from all the dying i have done to it... so it wont be a complete waste. and the one thing i was so excited about was thebalm hot mama blush/eyeshadow! i have heard so many great things about this blush. the color is a blush color i would totally use! the one thing about this is that it is so small, but i guess thats what you get when you pay only $10 for a box. overall it was a good box, i'm going to keep my subscription to them because i love getting a package the mail every month, and let be honest... i love birchbox no matter what i get!

if you want to get a birchbox of your own click the link here. it will help you skip the waiting list!

1 comment

  1. embryolisse! you lucky duck!! and the boxy thing is called a pillow box!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.