8/13/2013

Beauty Blender

To be honest, I wasnt even going to review this product because i didnt think it was even worth my time. but recently i picked it up and it changed my mind, well kinda. i'm going to go over the pros and cons of this product and tell you if its worth all the hype. 

how you use it:
1. run dry beauty blender under water
2. squeeze it a few times to evenly soak the beauty blender
3. squeeze dry
4. wrap in towel or tissue and squeeze again 

if you take proper care of your beauty blender it should last you about 6 months. you will know when its time to retire your beauty blender when it no longer dries to the normal size

how to properly use your beauty blender:
when using my blender i used the cover girl 3-in-1 foundation. I applied small dots of foundation over my face and then took the damp beauty blender and bounced/patted the beauty blender in circular motions. this allows the beauty blender to distribute the foundation evenly. 

time to be real, this took forever. i used the beauty blender for about a week and a half and just couldn't take it anymore. applying foundation is a timely process to begin with so this just made it take even longer! i'm not going to lie, this process made my face book flawless and smooth. but to do this even day was just getting annoying.

concealer & other products:
i recently picked up my beauty blender again and thought i would give it a second chance... but this time with my benefit porefessional. porefessional usually works best when it is patted into youre pores, so why not use the beauty blender for this step! i dont even know why i didnt think of this earlier because the appearance of my pores shrunk even more by properly applying this product with the beauty blender! it regained my hope in the beauty blender

next i figured why not try it with my concealer. my concealer has never looked better! i have super dark circles under my eyes and the beauty blender helps the concealer go on smooth and evenly to cover my dark circles and make the concealer look natural and not cakey. i have also noticed that my concealer has not creased since using the beauty blender. 

cleaning your beauty blender:
the brand beauty blender sells a pretty big size sponge cleaner from anywhere between $15-$20, which i have yet to buy because i feel like that is ridiculous. I have a brush cleaner that I use to clean my beauty blender. I have even heard that facial soap does the job. 

luckily i received a sample of the beauty blender cleanser in a birchbox awhile ago. which was used up after about 3-5 washes. you really should clean your beauty blender after every use because germs can collect in the sponge and ultimately be transferred to your face. i'm not going to lie here... aint nobody got time for that. I clean mine at the end of every week. 

overall thoughts:
if you haven't been able to tell, i have a love hate relationship with this product. do i regret buying it? no. do i neeeed this product? no. i will continue to use my beauty blender everyday for my concealer and primer and only use it for foundation when i have time to use it or for special events. the beauty blender to me has some pros and cons. one of my biggest cons is that it gets stained by foundation and concealer, i'm super OCD about things like that so this is a huge con for me. if you have money to blow and want to try it out go right ahead and get it. but if you dont have a ton of money its truly not a big deal. this product is hyped up to the max when i truly dont believe it should be. I understand makeup artists that use this on clients because their clients have hours to sit in the chair and get their makeup and hair done... but for normal peasants like you and me, its not a must have. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.