8/04/2013

Peach Cobbler

For the past 3 days i have made this peach cobbler twice, I was supposed to make it for my neighbors as a gift but ended up eating that one so I obviously had to make theirs again. I thought I would share this recipe with you guys because it has become my obsession over the past couple days.

ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
4 cups peeled peaches (this was about 5 large peaches for me)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2/3 cup variety baking mix (pancake mix)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk

directions:
1. in a medium mixing bowl combine peaches, sugar, 1 teaspoon baking mix and cinnamon. once combined then place mixture in a 9 x 9 pan.

2. in a separate mixing bowl, mix remaining 2/3 cup baking mix with brown sugar. once combined add in butter until mixture is combined completely. to moisten the mixture add milk

3. drop spoonfuls of the crust mixture onto the peaches mixture. i noticed that the crust mixture will be doughy so you might need to use your fingers to get it onto the peaches

4. bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean. let stand 5 minutes

this makes about 6 servings, or if you're like me you will devour it in a matter of minutes... just kidding, or am i?

let me know if you try this out and how you like it!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.