4/16/2014

Coachella Celebrity Fashion: Weekend One

Bring on the crop tops, flower crowns, stylish sunglasses and bindis. The first weekend of Coachella was this past weekend so lets break down the crazy fashion that Coachella brings us. The classic coachella trends usually include crochet tops, fringe, high waisted skirts and flower crowns but this year there seemed to be a bit of the 90s in the mix this year. I saw some hip-tied flannels, overalls, and fanny packs. I had a hard time finding some of my favorites from the celebrity bunch but I had a hard time narrowing down my favorite "street style" looks!

Julianne Hough helped host the Harper's Bazaar picnic lunch and wore an adorable white lace off the shoulder top and high waisted shorts, both vintage. She paired her outfit with Chloe wedges, a flea market purse anRebecca Minkoff by Shane Baum Crosby sunglasses. She wore a classic coachella trend, a flower crown, but hers seemed to be very small and not to over the top. which worked perfectly with her adorable pixie cut. 

Its no secret that the Jenner sisters have incredible style. Both Kendall and Kylie wore an all black "goth" look that got some attention but I wasn't much of a fan, they both looked great but I'm would have liked something different than all black. A look that stood out to me was Kendall's more simple boho look she wore. She showed off her amazing legs in a pair of denim high waisted shorts with a metal belt, crop top, long white vest, a pair of cowgirl boots and some amazing mirrored ray bans (which i'm saving up for). She kept it very boho chic and very coachella. She honestly didn't have a bad fashion day, some definitely could have changes, but they would have never landed her on a worst dressed list.

Many have named Vanessa Hudgens the "queen of coachella". She has shows up to festivals like she owns the place; and with her festival style I understand why. Vanessa definitely works the carefree, flower child outfits when she shows up to Coachella and I love everything about it. Year after year she shows up with a stunner boho look with an edge, which works for her. From her wide brimmed hat, long wavy hair to her leather booties I definitely think Vanessa has earned the title "queen of coachella" Buzzfeed actually just did a hilarious post on "A History of Vanessa Hudgens at Coachella" and the post was everything.

Shay Mitchell kept it incredibly low key during the festival so it was hard to find a good quality picture to show off her impeccable festival style this past weekend. I follow her on instagram so I was able to see her look day by day and let me say she slayed. She is so effortless but stylish at the same time. She woreTorn by Ronny Kobo yellow "Kana” bustier & “Payton” skirt that looked adorable but my favorite look of hers that weekend was the simpler look. She wore a cream flowy ruffled crop top with Lovers + Friends jean shorts with a JustFab bag accessorized with stacked silver statement necklaces.

Sarah Hyland got into the spirit of Coachella by wearing a bright pink flower crown from american apparel on friday in Indio. Sarahs effortless lovechild outfit seemed incredibly practical for the weather at Coachella. She wore a neon bandeau from aerie under a muscle tee with denim jeans and leather booties. I loved her hair with this outfit, it gave off that coachella vibe and looked great on her.

I wasn't completely wowed by the celebs fashion this past weekend, but they all looked great. I was definitely more impressed by the street style looks that other festival goers wore. I'll be posting some of my favorites on friday so make sure to come back and check it out! 

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.