4/23/2014

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

 I recently decided to pick up the new Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volum' Express mascara that recently hit the drugstore for spring 2014 because my Maybelline The Rocket was running out. I think Maybelline has some of the best drugstore mascaras, I actually use 2 in my "mascara routine"

This is supposedly a new formula from Maybelline that has a "double shot" mascara brush that "pumps up" lashes with their new plumping collagen thats supposed to give lashes 16x the volume. According to Maybelline this new formula has a "plumping formula for the most pumped up volumizing lashes ever."
Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volum' Express mascara comes with an enormous oval brush that is packed with bristles. The wand itself has this wavy design to it which isnt doing much for application but it was a neat little surprise when I opened the mascara. The brush is a little on the large side but I didn't have trouble when applying the mascara.

I have read a couple reviews on this mascara after my use to compare my thoughts with others and once thing I was surprised that no one has said yet is that the formula is incredibly similar to the Maybelline Mega Plush (which I did enjoy). The formula is a tad wet but nothing that makes your lashes clump together. One the mascara set my lashes had the same soft feel to it like the Mega Plush mascara did as well. It wasn't flakey and didn't smear throughout the day but since the mascara is somewhat wet be careful not to blink to much when applying because it can leave you with a mess on your eyelids.
This mascara is marketed as a volumizing mascara but as you can see I didn't get much volume during application... well at least not the 16X the mascara promises. I do have naturally long eyelashes but this mascara did add some length to the, or at least enhanced my length. I did like that this mascara was able to separate my lashes which helped give a slight appearance of volume to my lashes.

I do have a mascara routine (3 different mascaras) and its usually my second mascara that is interchangeable and I do believe this will be a good new addition to the routine. I have used the Mega Plush as my second mascara and really liked it and seeing as I like this mascara a bit more than the Mega Plush I knew I would like this mascara. It does wear very well on its own though, I can see myself wearing this on its own when I don't feel like wearing makeup but need to run some errands. Like I said before this mascara is incredibly similar to the Mega Plush so if you liked that one you will definitely like this one.

This is my first time using a mascara from the Colossal line, i usually stick to my Falsies line. After trying this I may have to try out other from the Colossal range. Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volum' Express retails between $6-$8 depending on where you buy. Maybelline definitely has some of the best mascaras in the drugstore, if you haven't checked them out I definitely think you should! Maybelline Pumped Up! may not give you the "pumped up" lashes it promises but it does give great length.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.