5/28/2014

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm Coral Twist (235)

The CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm launched as a part of their spring 2013 collection. These twist up chubby tinted lip balm is available in 16 different shades. This lip balm is "fortified with shea and mango butters for a smooth look with a hint of color".

The chubby sticks make a big boom in the drugstores back in S/S 2013 and continue to make a splash in the S/S 2014 collections. There are a ton of brands that continue to come out with these Clinique chubby stick "dupes". Soon after Clinique chubby sticks hit the store drugstore brands began to come out with their own versions. 

I was wondering around CVS when I realized this bad boy. It was during the winter but I figured I would pick it up for summer time. I have mainly stuck to the Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stains and haven't really branched out, as you all know I'm not a huge lip junkie. When I came across this I really liked this coral color and figured it would look really nice when I had a tan. 

These are your standard twist up chubby sticks containing .13 oz. I really love the design of the twist up chubby sticks because they are easy for travel and because of the twist up design you don't need a sharpener. 
I picked up the color Coral Twist (235) that is a true coral, leaning more pink rather than orange. This product is said to give off a sheer color, which i love. I look for products that look like you have just eaten a popsicle and it stained your lips. This product is buildable but the formula is a bit heavy. They aren't incredibly moisturizing but not as dry as the Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stains. I did realize that the product tends to enhance dry-patches so be sure to prep your lips before using this product. I finally realized why I didn't hear much about this product. It worked fine when I would just dab it on my lips for a very sheer color for that popsicle stain look but it didn't necessarily stain my lips, the longevity of this product wasn't long. They do have great color payoff though, they also claim to be a gloss balm but it seemed to be more of the cream finish rather than a gloss.
The one thing i didn't like about the packaging is the name of the color is not on the product, it does have the number but i would much rather see the color name. But this isnt a deal breaker for this product.

I don't think this product is great but I don't think its horrible. They have great pigmentation that is buildable, a wide variety of color, they are wearable for everyday use with a slightly sheer look with a bit of shine. I just don't know why I don't love this product. Have any of you tried this product? What are your thoughts on it?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.