1/20/2013

Georgetown Adventure

[urban renewal vintage french combat jacket, cooperative boucle eternity scarf, under armour EVO coldgear leggings, combat boots from nordstrom, aviators borrowed from bailey

I came home this weekend to pick up a few things i left at home and also to get my car fixed, poor marvin is getting old. so while at home i decided i wanted to take advantage of being home and do things that I didnt get the time to do while I was home on break. I knew the number one thing on my list was to go to georgetown and pick up my cupcakes at some of my favorite cupcake shops. I called up bailey (who is the wonderful photographer for this adventure) to see if she would like to take a trip to georgetown with me. I totally knew who to call because I know bailey would never pass up an adventure into georgetown. I wore my new "military inspired" jacket that i received for my birthday, it's a little big and makes me look large but i'm still in love with it. I paired that with my favorite scarf that i got for christmas, my roommate and I call it the poodle scarf. this jacket and scarf has become "my favorite outfit" and luckily for me since its a jacket and scarf i can wear it constantly! 

we went into urban outfitter because i have two gift cards there, i decided to save my gift cards until the season changes and i can get some really cute summer clothes. needless to say these urban outfitter gift cards are going to be burning a hole into my pocket. finally we walked to georgetown cupcakes and lucky for us i'm a regular and got to cut in front of the line, and by regular i mean i'm smart enough to order my cupcakes a day ahead so i get to pass the ridiculously long line! now you guys know my secret, always. order. ahead. 
our next stop was sprinkles cupcakes! we got side tracked by a random guy who all of a sudden started a conversation with us on the corner, totally threw us off our game but we somehow recovered and made it back down the main drive. once again were side tracked by the nike store because I just customized a pair of new running shoes and had to make sure i ordered the right size. Sprinkles was in our sight... but once again I got side tracked and i had to go into paper source to get some washi tape, might i add i picked up 2 adorable rolls. finally we were in route (and i mean walk next door) to sprinkles, i was so ready bailey kept raving about the s'mores cupcake and i was so ready for it! walk inside and they were currently out... it was a 30-45 minute wait and unfortunately it was not time we had to spend. I settled with getting a cinnamon sugar cupcake and a strawberry to go. they had the adorable vintage style coke bottles so of course i had to get one of those as well.
the day was a great success. i got my cupcakes (even though it wasn't s'mores. theres always april), got to try on my future shoes, got some washi tape that i have had my eye on for awhile, and might I add had an awesome parking spot in the heart of georgetown. ps. these are probably the last pictures taken with my hair ombred, its getting cut out this weekend. but don't fret, i'm probably going to do it again!
everyone should go check out baileys blog!

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.