6/10/2014

BIG Changes Ahead

*i apologize if this post seems all over the place. my brain is on a high of a twitter chat!*

About a week ago I rediscovered Whitney's blog. It came at the perfect time, I have been so uninspired and timid about my designs. I spent a couple hours "stalking" her blog and once I got my inspiration back I redid my portfolio website (still needs some work). During/after my second semester of classes I was ready to give up on myself, I didn't believe in myself. After I won the "gold metal" for The Real Show it really brought my confidence back up. I started to look to design blogs for inspiration and remind myself that I'm doing what I love which is how I came across Whitney's blog again. Looking at how successful her blog is and how she started up her own business really inspired me. 

Since Whitney was a huge inspiration to me i did what any normal person did, followed her on every social media network as possible. Last night she teamed up with The Creatives Club for a twitter chat using the hashtag #creativeschat and #heartarrowcritique. It was my first time joining a twitter chat and let me tell you, it was the best! First of all Whitney critiqued my blog (it was amazing to get recognized by her), second she followed me on both of her accounts, then I was tweeted and followed by the creatives club! Its just such an awesome feeling being able to connect with some awesome and creative people! 

So now for the big change. I feel like my blog has been in limbo. Its been a lifestyle, beauty and sometimes fashion blog. I have said it before that I was posting for viewers I wasn't posting for myself. Blogging was no longer fun for me. Once I focused on becoming a beauty blog, my bank account would slowly begin to emptied and I was buying products to review not because I wanted them. And as much as I love makeup I think I need to focus on posting for me and developing a brand. Which is why I'm thinking about stepping back from makeup and focusing more towards the lifestyle & design aspect of my life. I'm still going to post about makeup because lets me real, I'm obsessed. But I'm no longer going to buy things just to review them. I need to post things that make me happy, I want to blog because I love it. 

I hope you all will accept the change and still love the content I post. With it being summer I hope to post a lot more. I need to start branding my blog and I want to not be afraid what people will think about my blog. I want to get my blog out there and have people enjoy my blog and connect! I want to soon be able to join The Creatives Club. I hope you all will come on this journey with me.

ps. i would love to hear what are some of your favorite things about design blogs. i'm hoping to do a couple freebies here and there!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.