6/16/2014

DAY TWO 6/13 & THREE 6/14: Photographers Assistant

Day 2:

I woke up around 6:45 to make breakfast at 7:15, turns out breakfast wasn't until 7:45 so once I finally realized I just laid back in bed until breakfast. I didn't have any medicine for the day so at breakfast the photographer let me run up to the hotel gift shop to buy some medicine, he obviously could tell I wasn't feeling as well.

Once I got back I set up the computer in the office and worked a bit on editing some of the pictures we took yesterday. I then joined the photographer back at the conference and just sat around. There wasn't much need for me that day so he let me leave for about an hour and a half to rest. I went to the local rite aid to get some nose spray because I was really congested. I then went back to my room and chilled out.

We were then asked to photograph the karaoke party that night. We got to the party and no one was there! We waited around but it was hard to get the shots they wanted. Once we got out of there we went back to the office I set up and helped edit the final pictures of the day. We finished around 9:30 and I headed back to the room and went to sleep. I wanted to rest up so I would hopefully feel better and could be of more help.

Day 3:

We didn't have to wake up as early and we only had to work until 2. Well it turns out the nurses at the conference were voting most of the time we were just sitting around waiting until for the voting to be done and the award to handed out. Turns out they were running an hour behind so we had to wait even longer! The awards ended up only lasting like 15 minutes long so once that was over and we packed up our office and rushed out of there!

It felt so nice to get out of the hotel, I felt like I hadn't seen daylight in 3 days. Mind you that it was raining for the first 2 days so to have it 75 and sunny out was a nice change! I got back home and was exhausted.

I learned so much from my first time assisting a photographer. One thing that stuck out to me is when one of the production members said "you go where the money is" which I had to disagree with him. I think that you should be doing something that you love. I believe that if you're not doing something that you love you are just waisting your time. I understand the need to get paid but after doing that job I wasn't having fun. Yes, getting paid was nice but why would i want to do something I didn't enjoy doing. It was definitely and eye opener!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© candidly brittany. Design by Fearne.